Silicon Canal are running a 24 hour Start-Up Sprint event in Birmingham. Roll up your sleeves and get a taste for the fundamental steps of building a tech startup. Learn how to validate your business ideas and meet inspiring experts, mentors and like-minded entrepreneurs-to-be in a supportive and fast-paced environment.
We will kick off with drinks and pitches on Friday night, with an intense programme of idea development, feedback sessions and prototyping through Saturday. This event concludes with final pitches on Saturday afternoon but attendees will be able to continue developing and tracking their ideas with our platform.
Location: Central Birmingham (exact location tbc)
Dates: Friday 8th November (6pm – 8pm) and Saturday 9th November (8am – 6pm)
- We help show you a process to test ideas and turn them into a business. (If you have always had that idea you wanted to test, that side project or you have a new idea everyday then this event is for you.)
- You get to meet lots of people with similar mindsets, enthusiasm and a drive to try things out.
- You get to meet successful entrepreneur mentors, get sage advise and build connections for the future
- It’s a fun fast paced way of spending a day
- You will learn more in these 15hrs than you would in weeks on any business course.
What do I get for my money?
- 15hrs of hands on training on taking something from idea through to a business
- Fed & Watered (Fri night, Sat Breakfast, Sat Lunch, Sat evening)
- Mentoring from some local superstar entrepreneurs.
- Access to our on-line startup builder tool (you get to keep this access beyond the event)
6:00pm – Registration, welcome drinks & food
6:30pm – Idea pitch round 1 (30 second pitch)
7:00pm – Idea pitch round 2 (60 second pitch)
7:30pm – Ideas selected & team allocation
8:00pm – Retire to local pub for a drink
8:00am – Breakfast
8:30am – Teams start work
11:30am- 13:30pm – Team board meetings start (update on team progress to mentors)
3:00pm – External mentors visit teams to offer advice
4:30pm – Progress pitches (3 minute pitches on progress)
6:00pm – Finish & Next Steps
Sponsorship and Mentorship Opportunity:
We are currently looking for sponsors and mentors to be apart of this amazing event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Q: Do I need to come with an idea?
- A: No, you can join any team you like, come and learn from the experience which will help you with your ideas in the future
- Q: Can I work on my idea?
- A: We operate a voting system so all the ideas are pitched and the ones with the most audience votes are the ones we works on for the event. Typically 5-10 ideas depending on the number of attendees. Even if you don’t work on your idea during the event we give you all the tools you need to go away and work on your idea.
- Q: Who owns the Intellectual Property if I pitch my idea
- A: The quick answer is everybody, but ideas on their own are worthless. It is the execution of an idea that makes it valuable. If you are worried about your idea being stolen and you think that just by sharing it the opportunity will be lost then we strongly advise you do not pitch your idea at this event.
- Q: I am not a techy can I still attend?
- A: Yes, this event is not designed for techie’s this event is designed to help people learn the process of testing ideas and creating businesses and no technical skills are required.
For any other questions please contact email@example.com
Mike Hince – Experienced UI/UX Designer. Mike has worked with startups all over the world to create beautiful looking world class apps